Friday, January 1, 2010

Dear New Year, May you bring me...

Here's what I hope to focus on this 2010:
  1. Enjoying Bo...really enjoying him. Not obsessing over his schedule, hovering so he meets his milestones, and wishing he were in "the next stage", but enjoying "the now" with him. I read that the "days are long but the years are short", and it reminded me to enjoy each day with him. I have a spreadsheet I made when I graduated from law school called "The Plan". It has the years written out and what I want to accomplish in each year (i.e. new auto, pay off the house, have a baby, etc.). For 2010, it says "First Baby". That I really have a baby this 2010 is such a blessing, and I really want to enjoy it.
  2. Continuing to be me...in addition to being "Bo's mom". I want to exercise my body and my brain...read, develop as a person, be a good friend, daughter, wife, attorney. All in addition to being "Bo's mom".
  3. Get back in shape. Nothing specific, but I'd like to run a few 5k's, go to a regular fitness class, and just work on being healthy.
  4. Have a daily relationship with Him. Not an "I'm tired. I'm frustrated. I'm scared. I'm overwhelmed. I'm thankful. So-let's-talk-about-it." But...a daily walk that's an integral part of who I am.
  5. Consistently blog. I started this as a record of my thoughts and our life since I don't keep a journal or scrapbook. I wanted to be able to look back on the year and see what was going on. Now that Bo's here, I really want to have it for him to look back on one day, too.
Here's to resolutions...

Photobucket

1 comment: