Friday, May 8, 2009

Dear Baby, You're here...

5 weeks

Umm…evidently you’re in there! I have taken several tests in months past and only seen a negative so I was reluctant to take one. Technically, I should have taken one May 2nd, but I decided to wait it out. I didn’t want to be disappointed by a negative again.

I got home late from a friend’s house last night and took the test on a whim. The box said to take it in the morning, but I decided I would take it that night and retest in the morning. I bought a “fool proof” one that said “pregnant” or “not pregnant” so I didn’t have to mess with interpreting a “dark line” or “one line” or “two lines”. You were supposed to wait something like 3 minutes, but by the time I finished washing my hands, there it was! I had been imagining some neat way to tell Daddy when I finally got a positive, but all that went out the window. He was in bed, and I busted through the door and said, “Come in here!”. He immediately said, “You’re pregnant.” Yep. We celebrated and said a prayer for you.

I called the doctor and scheduled an appointment for June 2nd. They said we’ll do a sonogram that day and hear your heartbeat. You’re scheduled to arrive January 8th, 2010…a Capricorn like me!

I looked up what’s going on with you, and here’s what you were up to this week (taken from here):

You look more like a tadpole than a baby at this point. Your heart is beating at a steady rhythm, and the structures that will become the eyes and ears are forming. Your skeleton is also beginning to form.

You are still very small, measuring 0.118 inches long.

These were my prayers for you this week:

That nothing I did before I knew about you may have harmed you (forgive me for the sushi and hot tubbing while we vacationed!), that your heart, eyes, ears, and skeleton develop as they should. That you have a compassionate heart for other people, that your eyes will have perfect sight, and your ears perfect hearing. But that if you cannot see or hear, your other senses will be heightened to compensate and that I would be the mom best suited to teach you to live well and be thankful for those senses you do have.

Love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment