Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dear Baby Girl, Still going through things...

We started the daunting task of clearing out the excess from your room and moving the crib into your room.  It's a doozy of a task!  We made a lot of progress, but there's still lots to do to have it cleaned out and ready to arrange for you.  Mimi came and helped and brought you this sweet little outfit:


The McPhersons are having a little boy (another chance for a love connection!) and are generously sharing their girl clothes so I spent an entire day sorting through your big brother's clothes and infant gear bins.  I sent a giant tub for Rebecca to go through for her son, 1 bag of clothes to the trash, 1 bin to resale, and 3 bags to donate.  I can't believe how much stuff we have accumulated!  I couldn't help but get teary eyed going through all of his things.  We're pretty confident you will be our last baby, and I got so emotional thinking I would never have another son to dress in those darling clothes, or wrap in those blankets.  I've loaned his clothes to two friends (Rebecca will make 3), and I'm so glad those other little boys have gotten to wear his things.  At least I know they were well used!  A look at the enormity of the task:


I had such a fun time going through Claire's hand me downs.  I just about squealed at the 3 pairs of mary janes!  I finally made my first purchases for you, and I cannot tell you how much fun I had!  I found some adorable Christmas clothes for this winter, a few smocked items, and these adorable boots:

I am going to have so much fun dressing you!  I am officially halfway now (over halfway if you come early like your brother), and I'm so thankful for how uneventful this pregnancy has been.  I am really feeling you kick and move and that's so reassuring to me.

You got the sweetest jewelry in the mail from your great grandmother, Mary.  One is a sweet engraved bracelet, and the other is a charm bracelet with a cross charm.  I can't wait to clip them to your chunky little wrists!

Here's what you're up to this week {20 weeks}:
You weigh about 10 1/2 ounces now. You're around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

You're swallowing more these days, which is good practice for your digestive system. You're also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. 


These were my prayers for you:

That we have a special relationship and enjoy being together.  I know there will be times (years?) where you will see me as the enemy, but I hope there are many more times (years) of enjoying one another.  That you go as close to full term as possible.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment