Friday, November 27, 2009

Dear Bo, 34 weeks...

34 weeks

You made it...hurray!

We had a good weekend; we kept saying "this may be the last Saturday we sleep in", etc. I went to a movie with a girlfriend on Friday afternoon then Daddy and I went on a date Friday night...we had sushi and saw "Blind Side". Can't wait until I can eat raw sushi again!

We watched lots of football on Saturday and relaxed on Sunday. Tuesday we went to the doctor, and he predicted you would be here within 24 hours...wow! They gave me another round of steroids, and we're just waiting. Mimi and Pop came on Tuesday night in case you came, but, of course, you beat the odds and didn't! We watched football, put up our Christmas trees, had a good Thanksgiving with just the four of us, watched the Ags play two basketball games and one football game, and today Mimi and I went shopping (it's Black Friday).

Can't believe you will be here so soon, and I won't be pregnant anymore.

Thought I'd pen some of the things I'll miss about being pregnant:
  • Being comfortable in my own skin. It's been nice to not obsess about dieting all these weeks.
  • Being pampered by Daddy.
  • Feeling you turn and kick.
  • Reading to you.
  • Praying for you and who you will become.
  • Imagining who you will be and what you will look like.
But, of course, there are things I won't miss:
  • Foregoing really hot baths and getting in the hot tub.
  • Being big...everything is harder---I'm winded when I walk, getting in and out of the bath is difficult, putting on shoes is a chore...
  • Being tired.
  • Being uncomfortable and having trouble sleeping.
  • Heartburn.
  • Foregoing things I enjoy eating (sushi, etc.).
Love you, little buddy!

This is what you were up to this week:

Your body has begun to fill out with the formation of fat under your skin. This is an important part of development because these fat stores will help you regulate your body temperature once you're born.

The central nervous system is continuing to mature, and the lungs are well developed.

Most likely you are somewhere around 17 ½ inches long and weigh around 5 to 5 ½ pounds.

These were my prayers for you this week:

That we both handle your delivery well. That I don't get sick so I can hear your first cry, see you for the first time, etc. That you don't have to go to NICU, but if you do, it will be a short stay. That we have a long life together.

Love you and can't wait to meet you,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment