Friday, November 6, 2009

Dear Bo, 7 months are under our belt...

31 weeks

We passed the 7 month mark and are officially in month 8!
We did our annual Halloween tradition...Daddy carved a pumpkin while I made roasted Cajun pumpkin seeds. Yum! We also did our other tradition (just one last time, buddy)...we turned off our porch light, pretended we weren't home, and ignored the trick or treaters. I know, I know. Terrible.
Your Gran-nana came for a visit on Saturday. She brought a lot of Daddy's wooden toys from when he was a little boy, and we used them to decorate your room.
We put the rest in the toy box for you to play with when you're older. Daddy got so excited showing me everything and which were his favorites. I have a feeling you are going to have a time with Daddy sharing his toys! Gran-nana also brought a gorgeous afghan and your carseat! We enjoyed a nice lunch with Uncle Mike and Aunt Clovia.
You were a good boy this week--no early escape plot. I am on "bed rest", but when I asked exactly what that meant, Doc said "stay off your feet". I can do that at work so Daddy brought an ottoman to the office so I can wrap things up. I thought I had more time to turn my files over so I'm scrambling! My practice group is AMAZING; they bring me things from the break room, bring files and printing jobs, and scowl at me if I get up for any other reason than to potty. Truly blessed to work with such people.

I got a few more things in to accessorize your bookcase. I love these stuffed animals: a Grizzly, a wolf pup,and a deer:

You keep growing!

What you were up to this week:

You are continuing to develop a layer of fat under your skin. This is in preparation for your arrival into the world and gives you more of a newborn appearance. During the next several weeks you will really begin to put on the weight.

You are continuing to grow and have grown to over 15 ½ inches in length and weigh anywhere from 3 ½ to 4 pounds.

These were my prayers for you this week:


That you hang on until 34 weeks. That you find a fulfilling career and work with good people.

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment