Friday, November 20, 2009

Dear Bo, You are really hanging in there...

33 weeks

We've made it another week! Good boy!

On Saturday, I went to a nursing class, and Daddy went to Daddy Boot Camp. Then we came home and watched the Happiest Baby on the Block DVD. We felt a little more prepared after doing those things. I also went this week and got your car seat properly installed at TX DOT. It's weird driving my car with a car seat in it; I'm sure it will be even more weird driving a car with a baby in it.

We had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and surprisingly, it went rather well. There had been no change so I went home with instructions to keep doing what I'm doing for as long as I can do it. I have been on a trebutaline pump, progesterone shots, and a home health nurse comes and monitors my contractions and your heart beat every other day. The trebutaline was making me crazy though. The jitters, sleeplessness, shortness of breath, and headaches I can handle, but then it started making me feel like someone was trying to crush my sternum, then break my back, and then this burning sensation would climb into my jaw. The only relief I got was unhooking from the pump. Finally, I gave up on Thursday night and unhooked for good. Boy, have I felt better since then! Of course, my contractions have picked up, but hopefully you hang on a little longer.

I've been "nesting" this week and worked on rearranging some things to make room for your stuff. It's so funny to have your stuff among our stuff...

Like your little spoons with our silverware...
Your little bowls and plates with ours...
Your bottles and sippy cups with our glasses...
And I made room for your things in the guest bathroom (or shall we call it your bathroom now??)...
We're hoping to make it through the weekend until at least Tuesday (when I'll be 34 weeks!). Keep growing!

This is what you were up to this week:

Your skin is beginning to look less red and less wrinkled. Fat stores are continuing to be deposited under your skin. Your bones are all beginning to harden except for the skull. The skull needs to remain soft and pliable for delivery.

You are approximately 16 ½ inches long and weigh between 4 ½ to 5 pounds.

These were my prayers for you this week:

That your lungs are developing and that you're gaining weight so that if you come early, you'll be ahead of the game.

Love,
Momma

1 comment:

  1. Nesting...so cute! I'm so glad he's hanging in there a little longer. I can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete