Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dear Baby Girl, We celebrated Mother's Day this weekend...

We had such a good weekend together as a family of four.  I couldn't help but think of what it will be like next year with a 10 month old.  Your brother was really getting fun at 10 months old, and I imagine your little personality and mobility will be on a roll, too.  

I've been having some contractions and cramping, so much so that I wondered if we should go out of town on Saturday, but there's really no pattern, and they've subsided through the week.  I'm anxious to see if anything has changed when we go for our sonogram on Thursday.  Things started falling apart with your brother's pregnancy at 30 weeks so I keep holding my breath for that marker to pass.  We'll get a high resolution ultrasound, and I can't wait to see how you've changed and get more pictures of you.

Your GranNana sent another box of dresses from your cousins.  They're sizes you'll wear when you're older, and I had fun oohing over them and packing them away. She also sent the sweetest pink day gown with rosettes on the sack portion and a matching hat.  So sweet.  Can't wait to doll you up in it!

We thought we were decided on your name, Rebecca Tally Zanowiak, but now I'm having my doubts.  I kept calling you Rebecca or Becca, but it just didn't seem 100% like your name.  So now we're still milling over names, and these are still the frontrunners:  Rebecca, Allie, Kate, and we've also added Morgan to the list (which I found on the Jones family tree).  Bo pronounces these:  Beeka, Owee, Ket, and Morget.  If I could get away from family names (but I'm not convinced I can), I would vote to name you Avery or Emerson.  Daddy would name you Aspen.  We'll see where we end up.  I hate not having your name picked out; mostly because I want to order a monogram for your room and monogram your diaper bag and some bloomers for you.  I suppose that will all have to wait...


Here's what you're up to this week {28 weeks}:

By this week, you weigh two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measure 14.8 inches from the top of your head to her heels. You can blink your eyes, which now sport lashes. With your eyesight developing, you may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. You're also developing billions of neurons in your brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

These were my prayers for you:

That your eyesight and brain develop as they should.  That you stay inside the womb as long as possible.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment