Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear Baby Girl, A weekend at home...

Another week down, Baby Sister.

Daddy was out of town this weekend so it was just you, me and Big Brother this weekend.  I dropped him off to play at Parents' Night Out on Friday night, and you and I went shopping for your room.  I found some darling lamps and a few other things. 

Things are going pretty smoothly with this pregnancy, but I'm starting to get tired in the later afternoons and evenings.  I'm also super annoyed by one of the side effects of this pregnancy...nose bleeds!  I had a ton this weekend and early this week.  I don't remember having a nosebleed ever before this pregnancy.

We saw you last Thursday.  You're looking less alien-like and more little girl like.  In some of the pics you looked like your brother (which makes me happy because as you may know, we're over the moon for him).  You have sweet lips and chubby cheeks.  You even looked like you have some hair.  Your heartbeat was 148bpm, and you weighed 2 pounds, 10 ounces.




Here's what you're up to {29 weeks}:

You weigh about 2 1/2 pounds and are a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Your muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and your head is growing bigger to make room for your developing brain. To meet your increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your hardening skeleton each day.
These were my prayers for you:

That we'll have plenty of shopping adventures together and girl weekends when Big Brother gets bigger and goes on boys' weekends with Daddy.  That you're growing just like you're supposed to and stay in there until at least 36 weeks.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment