Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dear Reader, Favorite things party...

I keep seeing Favorite Things parties on Pinterest and the blog world; I decided I'd throw one.  I'm so glad I did!  The idea is that you invite a group of friends who each bring their very favorite thing for all attendees (we kept our number to five and made the max price limit per gift $10).  You each bring your favorite snack, too.  Then you go around, passing out your favorite thing and describing why it's your favorite.

First, I had to take pics of my "new" Christmas decorations this year:

{Christmas books from my childhood}



{Milk and cookies plate}


{Christmas card display}


{Felt nativity from Pottery Barn}


I had a hot cocoa bar, and my favorite snacks were seasoned oyster crackers (recipe by my Mammaw) and almond bark popcorn (my sis introduced me to this; also in the pic are my new 12 Days of Christmas Ornaments from Land of Nod):



Fun was had by all!  The favorite things we ended up with were:  colored fine point sharpies, Ben and Jerry's peach cobbler ice cream, Penguin cloth bound classics, an olive oil dispenser and pan scrubber, and hand cream.  Lots of neat goodies!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment