Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Dear Baby 2, We're on to a new year...

We enjoyed another long weekend as a family...love those long weekends!  We worked around the house, watched movies, and just hung out.  Mimi and Pop even came to visit one night.  I can't recall the last time Daddy and I have been to a movie, but we saw 2 this weekend!  I kept thinking, "next year, there will be two..."  Love that thought!

Here's what you're up to this week (9 weeks):
You are nearly an inch long -- about the size of a grape -- and weigh just a fraction of an ounce. You're starting to look more and more human.  Your essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: your heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form -- as do your tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. 

These were my prayers for you this week:

That you will hang around!  I don't know why I've been anxious about that this week; I've had some crampy feelings and worried though.  I'm hoping it's just the cyst on my ovary and nothing to do with you.  That you will escape the GI problems your big brother had and get more rest than he did those first 7 months.  I didn't know to pray for those things the first go 'round, but now they're at the top of my list!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment