Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dear Baby 2, It's still uneventful around these parts...

We enjoyed a nice weekend at home.  I ordered the cutest tote for you, and I can't wait to know whether to monogram it in grey or hot pink!  It came in the mail this weekend, and I love it.  It is apparent that you're in there; I have a distinct bump now.  Your brother likes to pat my belly and say "bebe".  I'm certainly partial, but I think you've hit the jackpot in the big brother department!


Here's what you're up to this week (16 weeks):

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, you will double your weight and add inches to your length. Right now, you're about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Your legs are much more developed, your head is more erect than it has been, and your eyes have moved closer to the front of your head. Your ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of your scalp has begun, though your locks aren't recognizable yet. You've even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, your heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as you continue to develop.

These were my prayers for you this week:

That everything is still going great when we go to our next appointment.  I've had strange pains lately and have become anxious about you.  Hopefully it's stress related (which I'm working on!), and there's nothing to it.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment