Saturday, October 23, 2010

Dear Memory Bank, Friday, Day 6: On our way back to see our Pooka...


We got up early (which was standard for our vacation, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why).  We had breakfast then took a walk along the beach.  We watched the fishermen and enjoyed the views before packing up.


Our flight was on time to Dallas, but AA struck again, and we were late to Lubbock.  I was DYING to see Bo so I was really irritated.  It dawned on me that I have never been that anxious to return from a vacation before.  Of course, I’ve always been on vacation with my only immediate family (Jonathan) so there was nothing to return to other than Scout and my job.  On the upside, I finished my third book of the trip.

Mom was at the airport with Pooka.  He gave us a big smile and touched our faces, but overall I would say we were more thrilled to see him than he was to see us.  We really enjoyed giving him a bath before bed and resuming our bed time routine of singing, reading a book, and rocking.

It was a great vacation, but it was even better to return to the best part of our family of three.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment